Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Type of Learner Am I?



Some types of technology that can support my learning are SMART Boards, Prezis or Power Points, and YouTube or TeacherTube. 

A SMART Board is an excellent way to get my attention. If the SMART Board has multiple colors for the pen then the teacher can underline vocabulary in red, dates in blue, names in green, and have places in bold or italicized print. Using vibrant colors or text will help my eyes pick up what I need to remember, also when I am studying or taking an exam I might be able to recall a date because that blue underline caught my eye.   

Another great piece of technology that can help get my attention is a Prezi or Power Point that has maps, figures, and pictures. If we were talking about Genghis Khan the teacher could have a presentation with a pictures of Khan and pictures of some of the armor his army would have worn. Also, showing a map of the Mongol Empire and maps of the places in which he conquered would be beneficial.

One other excellent way to get my attention in class would be by using YouTube or TeacherTube. For example, a teacher could present a video at the beginning of class that simulates the processes of mitosis and meiosis. This video could provide an excellent overview of what we are about to learn that day. My mind to learn the information better if I am not receiving just facts right from the start I am able to process what the lesson is going to be about and prepare for the notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment