Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Voki: Reflection Part 3





While reading my reflection out loud as I was recording my voice for my Voki, I heard and saw errors I had made. For example in one sentence I had "experiencing" instead of "experience." Also in the same sentence I removed a comma that created a compound sentence and chose to create a different sentence to help provide a better flow. "...is a relevant learning experiencing,* meaning digital stories..." was changed to, "...is a relevant learning experience. This means digital stories..." Another change I made involved removing "on our computers," from the end of a sentence. "In my Education 2201 class we created digital stories using Photo Story 3," is now the sentence after removing "on our computers." There were other errors that I also noticed, for example I removed the word "that" from one of my sentences after reading the sentence in my head; however, when I read the sentence out loud to record my Voki I decided "that" was essential for the meaning of the sentence. "...than the technology we..." was changed to, "than the technology that we..." This proves that reading your work out loud can really make a difference in your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment